In the world of web and app development, we often encounter the terms UX and UI within an equivalent sentence. Most at times, experts unintentionally confuse us by labelling themselves as both UI and UX designers. Nevertheless, the two terms can’t be used interchangeably, especially since one encompasses the opposite .
Namely, user interface design (UI) is a part of user experience design (UX). And both are equally important when it involves product design. So to make a marketable and straightforward to use products, one must work on UX also as UI. Now let’s dive a touch deeper into the muddy waters of user experience and interface design.
What is UX Design, Anyway? Basically, UX design is all about the method of making easy to use and useful products users will love interacting with. By enhancing the user experience of your products, users will be able to find value in what you have to offer. That being said, there’s no comprehensive explanation of what user experience design is. This is why UX encompasses all of the items that make everything of a user experience the simplest it are often.
Now, let’s move on to UI.
Fundamentally, user interface design is concerned with the visual elements of an experience or a product. This incorporates the planning of text, images, buttons, icons, screens and every one other visual experiences a user will perceive and interact with. Although it sounds straightforward, companies approach UI design in several ways, but with an equivalent goal in mind. According to a Wikipedia article, the end goal of a UI design is making the user’s interaction with a product or service as simple and efficient as possible. UI designers use the principles of user-centered design to form it easy for a user to accomplish their goals. Basically, it’s all about making the interaction with a product as seamless as possible. Furthermore, let us look at this straightforward restaurant analogy to explain the difference between UI and UX:
The user interface (UI) is the chair, table, glass, plate and utensils, whiles the user experience (UX) encompasses the entire experience including the service, food, music and parking. Since technology is evolving at a particularly rapid pace, we’d like to believe the broadening of the interface .
UX vs. UI Design in Web Development
Now that we’ve (I hope successfully) differentiated UX from UI design, let’s take a glance at how they will be applied to the foremost popular piece of technology today – a website.
Here are some seven factors that influence the use of UX in websites
- Useful – The website needs to benefit its users. If your website doesn’t satisfy this condition, you are paving the way for your competitors to overtake them. Fill your site with useful features and content.
- Usable – The users of your website have to be able to navigate it without any difficulties, distractions or problems. Improve your design with large click areas, intuitive click spaces, etc.
- Findable – This means your website needs to be easily crawlable by search engines. It is closely related to SEO and good UX ensures you will appear in front of your users in the SERPs. Your products and content need to be easily findable, headlines have to stand out and you need easy navigation and easy to spot landing and service pages.
- Credible – You should instill trust in your users. You can achieve this through testimonials, certificates, images of your team, industry recognition badges etc.
- Desirable – Think Apple. They do a great job of being more desirable than other brands.
- Accessible – Your site needs to be easily accessible by all types of users. Therefore, users with disabilities also need to be able to access and use your website.
- Valuable – To design a good user experience, you need to provide users with value. When a user lands on your website, they expect the value to be immediately visible. This is how you will convert users to loyal customers.
Web UI Best Practices:
Without an excellent Your UI design must be clean, intuitive and efficient while not distracting the user from using the site. WordPress uses its backend because the UI, which is why developers and designers must be ready to create a functional dashboard with a proficient and highly operative UI.
In order to do this, professionals must keep learning and to stay updated with all the WordPress best practices, important plugins, efficient themes etc. There are educational websites that help you with issues around WordPress and keep you in the loop when it comes to the latest in web design and development.
But what really makes up a good and intuitive UI? A good UI needs to be:
- Intuitive – the web site must be easy to use. Users expect websites and apps to figure during a rational way.
- Consistent – The behavior and style should be consistent across the whole site.
- Responsive – The layout and the design of the web site should be flexible and functional enough to figure smoothly across of devices be it a computer or a mobile phone.
- Clean – The UI design should be simple and well organized
Familiar – Changes within the design shouldn’t surprise or confuse the user.
- Efficient – this is often essential, especially if your site or web app requires users to interact with it for extended periods of your time .
Elegant – the planning and layout got to be aesthetically pleasing.
Content-focused – Text and visuals are powerful ways to feature value to your UI design, which successively enhances the user experience.
UX vs. UI: Huge Difference but Equal Importance
The user experience design encompasses interface design, but when it involves UI vs. UX design this doesn’t mean that UI is a smaller amount important. The truth is, a poorly designed UI can affect the UX of your web drastically The user interface is the very surface of your product and if not executed correctly, it could deter users and make them seek help from your competitors. Therefore, it is wise to make sound investments in favorable UX and UI design.
Study about and understand the difference between user interface and experience design. This will help you immensely in discerning what you should do to achieve success in your endeavor. Your website is that the most vital point of interaction with clients, so confirm to style it properly